Kuwait Visit Visa
A Kuwait visit visa must be sponsored by a Kuwait company or by a relative that is a resident foreigner staying in the country. Before traveling to Kuwait, a visitor can have his visa processed and passport stamped at their nearest Kuwait embassy.
A Kuwait sponsor can use a faxed copy of the visitor’s passport to obtain the visit visa in Kuwait. A copy of the visa can be faxed to the visitor to enable him or her to travel to Kuwait. They can then meet at the airport with the original visa upon entering the country. There is a special counter in the arrival hall where the sponsor can deposit the visa papers. The visitor must pick up his original documents at a similar special counter inside the immigration area. The original documents are required to complete entry formalities.
It takes approximately 2 working days to obtain a Kuwait visit visa. Hotels can arrange visit visas for business and it takes around 7 days.
Listed below are the requirements for a Kuwait Visit Visa:
Visit Visa for Business
To obtain the Kuwait visit visa for Business the applicant must have a sponsor.
- Kuwait sponsor or company
- Kuwait visit visa application and security form filled out by the sponsor
- A copy of the visitor’s passport
- A copy of the sponsor’s signature as registered for business purposes
- A copy of the sponsor’s letter of invitation to the business, stating the purpose of the visit.
Visit Visa for Relatives
Immediate family members and other relatives who reside in other country can visit family members currently living in Kuwait. No eligibility or criteria is required. As long as you have a proof of relationship, you can definitely visit with your Kuwait Visit Visa.
The required documents for a family visit visa are:
- Proof of relationship or kinship
- Copy of the visitor’s valid passport
- Original and copy of the civil ID of the sponsor (or the family who resides in Kuwait)
- Recent salary certificate for foreign sponsor
The procedures for obtaining a family visit visa:
- Go to the Kuwait Embassy in your country and submit the required documents for a family visit visa listed above.
- Fill the service application form (Visa Application Form).
- Pay the fees due. Family visit visa application costs a flat fee of 3KD.
- At least KD450.00 per month if the sponsor works for the government
- At least KD650.00 per month if the sponsor works in the private sector
Kuwait Multiple Entry Visit Visa
People who obtain a multiple entry visit visa are able to enter Kuwait as many times as they want during a one-year period. This type of visit visa for Kuwait is most handy for business sponsored foreigners, the sponsor however, has to be the ministry of defense.
Unlike other westerners, Americans are able to obtain multiple entry visit visas for Kuwait that have a validity of 10 years and unlimited number of entries.